Marc Courtenay is the founder and owner of Advanced Investor Technologies, LLC, as well as the publisher and editor of www.ChecktheMarkets.com.
Courtenay holds a Master's of Science degree in Psychology from California Polytechnic State University, and is a former senior vice-president of Investments for two major brokerage firms. He's been a fiercely independent investment "investigator" and a consulting contributor to the investment publishing world for over 30 years. In addition to his role as an investment publisher and analyst, he serves as a marketing consultant to the investment media industries.
In his role as a financial writer and editor, he specializes in unique investment strategies, growth with income stocks, overlooked investment themes, tax-advantaged themes, risk management, technologies to capture gains and reduce losses, real estate related opportunities,effective wealth preservation techniques, and the use of ETFs for diversification and asset allocation.
He also follows and frequently writes about technology, health sciences, energy and resource companies. Because of his training and background in Clinical Counseling and Psychology, he enjoys writing about investor behavior, the herd mentality, how to turn investment mistakes into investment breakthroughs and the stock market's behavioral trends and patterns.
He is an avid believer in and user of "stealth trailing stop losses" and Trade Stops.com
He's a regular contributor to the online publications of AppFolio, makers of online property management software. AppFolio's publications include PropertyManager.com (http://www.propertymanager.com/) & GreenPropertyManagement.com ( http://www.greenpropertymanagement.com/ ).
As previously mentioned, Marc is a regular contributing author at TheStreet.com (http://www.thestreet.com/author/1264329/MarcCourtenay/all.html?page=1&perPage=10) as well as SeekingAlpha.com (http://seekingalpha.com/author/marc-courtenay/articles).
He has also been a motivational speaker and personal development specialist for over 35 years.
Marc is a published author who has written hundreds of articles for a wide variety of investment newsletters and web sites. He has a special passion for "Imaginative Investing", " Intelligent, Margin-of-Safety Investing", "Black Swan Investing", "Market Scripts", "Program Trading Realities" and is an avid believer in the "Sustainable Economy" and all the profitable potential it holds for investors.
- Help investors and savers make informed decisions and choices
- Uncover and shed light on Growth with Income stocks and “Emerging Investment Opportunities”
- Promote sustainable industries and investments
- Illustrate the diversity of investment philosophies, ideas and strategies
- Define and disseminate the secrets for success from the Great Investors
- Share the lessons we have learned about wealth accumulation and investing
- Encourage the achievement of financial goals and exceptional strategies
--KEEP IN MIND THESE TWO AXIOMS AS AN INVESTOR: "The Trend is Your Friend" and "Don't Fight The Fed's Policies"
- At the same time spread the word about the importance of sometimes being a “Contrarian Investor”
- Expose the psychology of investing and the behavior of investors
- Help people find the fun and entertainment that can be derived from investing
- Give hope and encouragement to those who have tried and failed and are willing to keep trying and learning until they get the results they desire.
Disclaimer CheckTheMarkets.com, Copyright (C) 2007, Advanced Investor Technologies, LLC. All rights reserved. No statement or expression of opinion, or any other matter herein, directly or indirectly, is an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any kind of securities mentioned. While we believe the sources of information to be reliable, we in no way represent or guarantee the accuracy nor the statements made herein. Neither the publisher nor the editor are registered Investment advisors. None of us here are acting as investment advisors nor do we advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment. Just because we write about an investment or own it ourselves does NOT mean we are recommending it to anyone. All investments should only be made after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company in question.